• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Friction hitch alternatives for Oplux 8mm

PhilSch

I built two tethers and two LB's for my son and I with 8mm Oplux and 6mm Sterling TRC for friction hitches. Unfortunately I mindlessly cut the TRC wrong, as a result I need another 3' of 6mm for one more distel hitch. Opening day is in Northern CA is Saturday which is not enough time to get from Dan O. Will generic nylon 6mm cordette work well as a friction hitch with Oplux? The Oplux seems a bit slippery and I am wondering it it is fussy about which material the friction hitch is made of. If nylon will work I could pop over to REI and pick up a piece.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Back