• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Friction knot for 8mm

one-eyed-jack

What is best rope and diameter to use for your friction knot with an 8mm tether? Using Teufelberger Resc Tech 8mm.

Also, what friction knot is recommended instead of prusik?

Thank you!

What is best rope and diameter to use for your friction knot with an 8mm tether? Using Teufelberger Resc Tech 8mm.

Thank you!
5.5 mm Beal Jammie cord or 5.5mm Titan cord from Bluewater ropes both work although I’m not a Beal fan. Also 6mm Sterling TRC is what Sterling recommends for its 8mm oplux. So there are 3 great options

Thank you!
Standard prusiks work great. If you have an eye to eye hitch cord, the VT- valdotan treese, is a great option. Other amazing options are the distel and the Cornell hitch

Make things easy on yourself, buy this and a tender, tie it in a Distel hitch and be done with it.

I'm a fan of the Hollowblock as it holds good and has excellent durability when rappelling. I use a klemheist with 4-5 wraps. I've had no slippage and it's easy to tend while rappelling.

Back