• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Frustrated

Matki15

All summer long I’ve felt confident in getting a chance at some good deer this season. Decided to do one last scouting trip today and now I’m starting to get frustrated. First I managed to hit a good sized pig and couldn’t find it. All of the food plots are still bare dirt thanks to this drought, and the heat seems to be keeping any deer movement limited to night. Then I went went to a spot that looked awesome on the map. It was an isolated patch of hardwoods in the pines which butted right up against a 3 year old clear cut where the deer should be bedding. I eased into the spot to hang a platform and it turns out one of the other club members already set up a hang on stand in there, so I’ll have to share that spot with him now. Overall just a frustrating day. Thanks for listening to my little rant:tearsofjoy:

Drought you say? Any water holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I managed to find 2 small ponds 50 yards off one of the gravel roads bordered by a pine thicket. I didn’t see many sets of tracks in the mud around it, but I threw up a basic brush blind to hunt on really hot days

Hang in , lots of season left! Now you get to adjust & read fresh sign , that’s half the fun.
I’ll be trying the best I can to find some fresh sign, right now I’m having trouble narrowing down how the deer are moving through all the sections of thinned pines on the lease

Back