• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Full dress rehearsal climb

Ukenout

Well today I did my first full dress rehearsal climb with hunting clothes, packs, climbing sticks, and bow, everything I plan to use in the woods minus the saddle which is still on order but i made a makeshift saddle and used a RCH like i've seen many of you. I had my medical group with me, Physical therapist and Kinesiologist. I climbed 3 Hawk Heliums, my bottom section has a loop to big me a few extra feet of height for the whole set up. Using the RCH and Linemans belt made things pretty easy going. When I got to the top I was able to tighten up agains the tree and open my pack and pull the Predator Stand out, and get it set in place just a half step higher than my top step. My electronic leg system had a hard time sensing my feet making contact with the steps so i had to step and kick down on the steps to get them to fire a signal. Maybe made alittle more noise than i would like but its what I gotta do. I pulled out my tether and then set it up on the tree and then adjusted the prusik down so I could clip in before I stepped onto the Predator. I am really liking how solid this little Predator stand is @Erniepower and @g2outdoors you guys did a great job with this. As i got onto the stand, i pulled up my Prusik and made sure my makeshift saddle bridge stayed tight, all the while loosening my lineman belt. Next i went through the steps of attaching my gear rope and hanging my bag then eventually pulling up the bow and hanging it. The therapists standing below told me my time was just at 15 minutes. Hey i'll take it, I didn't fall and felt completely safe. This is a huge step for me and my new Bioness harness system. After I got down I realized though the small pack i used I think I wanted to use a different style pack so I swapped things over into the new pack tonight and will do another test run again soon. I felt the tether and knot system worked well. I may try to upgrade to another Ropeman for this system in the future but I felt safe regardless today. I did move around the tree , so the ladies could make some programming into my leg computers to allow for lateral leaning movements. Super cool they are able to do this via a remote computer on the ground, once down my computers keeps the settings. So going down I got lazy , as i made it past a set of sticks I unbuckled them and dropped them onto the ground away from my bow. Not stealthy at this point but it was hot as heck in Georgia this afternoon and I was ready to get down. Won't be long till I get out to do my first sit alone in the deer woods. I will get some photos of the next climb.

Well today I did my first full dress rehearsal climb with hunting clothes, packs, climbing sticks, and bow, everything I plan to use in the woods minus the saddle which is still on order but i made a makeshift saddle and used a RCH like i've seen many of you. I had my medical group with me, Physical therapist and Kinesiologist. I climbed 3 Hawk Heliums, my bottom section has a loop to big me a few extra feet of height for the whole set up. Using the RCH and Linemans belt made things pretty easy going. When I got to the top I was able to tighten up agains the tree and open my pack and pull the Predator Stand out, and get it set in place just a half step higher than my top step. My electronic leg system had a hard time sensing my feet making contact with the steps so i had to step and kick down on the steps to get them to fire a signal. Maybe made alittle more noise than i would like but its what I gotta do. I pulled out my tether and then set it up on the tree and then adjusted the prusik down so I could clip in before I stepped onto the Predator. I am really liking how solid this little Predator stand is @Erniepower and @g2outdoors you guys did a great job with this. As i got onto the stand, i pulled up my Prusik and made sure my makeshift saddle bridge stayed tight, all the while loosening my lineman belt. Next i went through the steps of attaching my gear rope and hanging my bag then eventually pulling up the bow and hanging it. The therapists standing below told me my time was just at 15 minutes. Hey i'll take it, I didn't fall and felt completely safe. This is a huge step for me and my new Bioness harness system. After I got down I realized though the small pack i used I think I wanted to use a different style pack so I swapped things over into the new pack tonight and will do another test run again soon. I felt the tether and knot system worked well. I may try to upgrade to another Ropeman for this system in the future but I felt safe regardless today. I did move around the tree , so the ladies could make some programming into my leg computers to allow for lateral leaning movements. Super cool they are able to do this via a remote computer on the ground, once down my computers keeps the settings. So going down I got lazy , as i made it past a set of sticks I unbuckled them and dropped them onto the ground away from my bow. Not stealthy at this point but it was hot as heck in Georgia this afternoon and I was ready to get down. Won't be long till I get out to do my first sit alone in the deer woods. I will get some photos of the next climb.
Brother you are such an inspiration to all of us, thank you for your service.

Back