• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Funnels and Pinch Points

I commute from PA to NJ for work and they have several of these going across I-78 in the watchung reservation. The work surprisingly well, there are usually no dead deer during that stretch of the road even though you routinely see them on the hillsides.

I commute from PA to NJ for work and they have several of these going across I-78 in the watchung reservation. The work surprisingly well, there are usually no dead deer during that stretch of the road even though you routinely see them on the hillsides.

That hillside is loaded with deer. I've never seen a big buck there (nor would I expect to outside of a random rut encounter) but you can count on seeing deer on that hillside every drive though.

These are neat and generally well used. So many get killed on highways. 2 years ago I drove from Virginia to Louisiana and from the Carolina’s all the way to Atlanta I averaged seeing a dead deer every 5 miles all the way to Atlanta, then on the west side of Atlanta….nothing. I’ve made that trip every year about that time for the last 4 years and that was the only year it was like that. Really strange,

That hillside is loaded with deer. I've never seen a big buck there (nor would I expect to outside of a random rut encounter) but you can count on seeing deer on that hillside every drive though.

To be honest I grew up in Union county and spent a lot of time tromping around the reservation and never saw a buck only a million doe.

not that I’m in PA, area like that around colleges are loaded with monsters

Back