• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Funny find...

noxninja

I was looking around for some information and found this exchange between two people on a forum way back in 2006! Funny how we are still asking the same questions today.

swampdog
December 11, 2006, 10:12 AM
what that Tree Saddle does or how it does it.

It's like a bosun's chair, or a swing for you in-landers.:D You sit in it and it can swing around the tree, allowing you to easily shoot in any direction. You go up the tree with screw-in steps. I'll usually put one in each side of the tree at the level that I stand/sit. The swing rigs to the tree above your head and you sit in it. It's amazingly comfortable and total weight, with steps, is around 6lbs. I can be up a tree in 5 minutes, without making as much noise as a climber. The whole rig stows in a large fanny pack, so it's much easier to tote, too.

http://www.trophylineusa.com/saddle.htm

FirstFreedom
December 11, 2006, 10:17 AM
Swampdog, that thing really is interesting. But is it REALLY comfortable for a long time, to have to hold yourself out from the tree with your legs? Or do you just hang there with legs dangling?

I’m sure that question has been asked a bunch lately. As much exposure that saddle hunting has been getting many are questioning their own hunting methods and weighing their options.

Back