• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gaff?

yakcraz

Are you guys keeping your gaffs on once you get to your hunting height or are you take them off in the tree & putting them back on when you decide to come down?

I leave mine on. I used to mess around with taking them off and on from time to time but I’ve gotten used to just leaving them on. I don’t even notice that they’re on any more and it sure is nice to have one less thing to do when it’s time to climb down.

Having said that, I use an Ameristep ring of steps as my platform. My Predator platform was just delivered to my house, so I’m wondering is I’ll be able to continue to leave them on with the platform. I doubt it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I leave mine on. I used to mess around with taking them off and on from time to time but I’ve gotten used to just leaving them on. I don’t even notice that they’re on any more and it sure is nice to have one less thing to do when it’s time to climb down.

Having said that, I use an Ameristep ring of steps as my platform. My Predator platform was just delivered to my house, so I’m wondering is I’ll be able to continue to leave them on with the platform. I doubt it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Seems like they would make to much noise leaving them on with a platform. That was gonna be my next question if most left them on. Do you use some type of platform/footrest or do you just use the spikes.

Back