• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gas powered ascent for saddle hunting

First, that is the BOMB for setting presets in the preseason.... LOL

Second, someone needs to invent a bicycle type/peddle propulsion system and you would have a hunters dream!

First, that is the BOMB for setting presets in the preseason.... LOL

Second, someone needs to invent a bicycle type/peddle propulsion system and you would have a hunters dream!
They actually have one of these!! I will see if I can find the video!!

I think that this is legit...some modern materials and a bit of safety added.... I like this method

Whole lot faster decent than rappelling!! I have used something similar to this but with the wood I used it was still bulky need something smaller and strong!!

Whole lot faster decent than rappelling!! I have used something similar to this but with the wood I used it was still bulky need something smaller and strong!!
The upside-down decent is silly but the way up is good...I haven't actually tried this method but I mess with it 1 day
2 of these and some amsteel and a tether. Off you go :)
I think with modification that probably work good except how bad amsteel frays and catches on the bark

The upside-down decent is silly but the way up is good...I haven't actually tried this method but I mess with it 1 day

I think with modification that probably work good except how bad amsteel frays and catches on the bark
Thats the main thing I don't like about amsteel!!!

Back