• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gear Hoist Recommendations

CRogers

Thinking about switching to a doyles huntin hoist this year. Anyone have experience with a doyles or know of any other good gear hoists?

I'm a lightweight freak. But the Doyle's is worth the weight. I keep mine in my pack and run it through a grommet in the bottom. All I have to do is reach behind me, grab the biner, and clip it to my weapon. Short of a levitation spell of gear, it's the best option.
I saw on of your videos on YouTube how you had that setup. That's crossed my mind, either that or just clipping it on my saddle. Is yours the one with webbing?

Doyles is not worth it, they're huge. Get some 300lb test braid and put it on a small spool, way better.

I used the doyles for one hunt last year. I'm not 100% sold on it yet. I always used paracord and I like it and I'm used to it. Still going to give the Doyle's a fair shake though.

I'll keep that in mind. Appreciate it
No worries, I liked my Doyle's a bunch, but they are just huge and can be noisy if you don't wrap them in stealth strips. If it was a 1/4 the size they would be perfect. Now I just use it as a dog leash on the jogging stroller :)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I saw on of your videos on YouTube how you had that setup. That's crossed my mind, either that or just clipping it on my saddle. Is yours the one with webbing?
Mine is rope. Never had an issue with it. Not having to worry about getting tangled in limbs or having to roll 30ft of rope is worth the weight penalty

Hey, joining this thread kinda late but I use 1/2" tubular nylon for my pull lines. Used it for years in the military, never had it kink. My pack has a small outside pocket (or a sys hauler on the saddle) and as long as you fake it in (instead of balling it up), it feeds out smoothly. Just another way I guess

Hey, joining this thread kinda late but I use 1/2" tubular nylon for my pull lines. Used it for years in the military, never had it kink. My pack has a small outside pocket (or a sys hauler on the saddle) and as long as you fake it in (instead of balling it up), it feeds out smoothly. Just another way I guess
Appreciate that may give it a try also. Wanting to try a couple different things and see what I like best before season gets started.

I’ve been eyeing the Doyle’s hoist since I first saw one attached to Boswells saddle at pigmageddon. It was heavy. I ordered one this year but haven’t used it. When guys are cutting straps and buckles off their saddle and using carbon bolts still use the doyles it has to be golden.

I’ve been eyeing the Doyle’s hoist since I first saw one attached to Boswells saddle at pigmageddon. It was heavy. I ordered one this year but haven’t used it. When guys are cutting straps and buckles off their saddle and using carbon bolts still use the doyles it has to be golden.
I first saw the Doyle's hoist from one of his videos. I wish he would put some new videos up or self film some hunts. I enjoyed all his stuff.

Saddle gear is like a fine woman. Svelte overall, but with some strategically placed mass in the spots where it counts. ;)

Back