• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Georgia Velvet Buck

Jmarzey

So despite my uneventful evening hunt, my best friend had a great night. Has had pictures of this buck all summer and played it smart tonight. He went in and sat in the pouring rain for about an hour, until it finally let up.

This guy gave him a quartering away shot and he smoked him. Got a pass through, but broke all 3 blades off of a new G5 Montec which was strange. No blood around the area of the shot. Arrow had light blood on it, and the ground was wet. So he backed out and did the smart thing and let him lay, while he called for a dog.

Dog finally got on a speck of blood and went right to him. He had only gone 100 yards and died. Double lung shot and didn’t bleed hardly at all.

Shooting a velvet buck in Georgia is hard to come by, super happy for him. Opening day and we’re on a late night drag, gonna be a good year!!
7a9ce620fb87ed969947a568cae93210.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So despite my uneventful evening hunt, my best friend had a great night. Has had pictures of this buck all summer and played it smart tonight. He went in and sat in the pouring rain for about an hour, until it finally let up.

This guy gave him a quartering away shot and he smoked him. Got a pass through, but broke all 3 blades off of a new G5 Montec which was strange. No blood around the area of the shot. Arrow had light blood on it, and the ground was wet. So he backed out and did the smart thing and let him lay, while he called for a dog.

Dog finally got on a speck of blood and went right to him. He had only gone 100 yards and died. Double lung shot and didn’t bleed hardly at all.

Shooting a velvet buck in Georgia is hard to come by, super happy for him. Opening day and we’re on a late night drag, gonna be a good year!!
7a9ce620fb87ed969947a568cae93210.jpg

That's an awesome Harvest!! Tell him congratulations from the forum.

I’ll definitely see if he took a picture of the broadhead because I didn’t. Best way to explain it is it looked like a long field tip. It literally snapped the blades off clean at the bases. We didn’t process him last night because it was 2 am, so i never found the blades. It looked to have hit ribs on the way in and hit the offside elbow on the way out. Just not sure what actually caught the blades

Congratulations! I love being in the tree before it stops raining as well. I have had some of the best hunts of my life in the 30 minutes immediately after a storm stops...

Back