• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Getting gear in the tree

tider

How do most of you accomplish this?
I sometimes wear my backpack up the tree but that just adds extra weight. I like to be able to climb up trees without hauling anything up with me.

I have a grapple hook. I will use it to pull up my backpack at times after I pull up my bow. Works great in the daytime, but in the dark I can’t see my backpack. I thought about putting some reflective tape on the handle of the backpack, shine my green light on it , grab it and pull it up.

Interested to hear how you guys do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. Wear pack, haul bow or gun. Early season, about the only thing my pack holds is a compass, licenses, and big spray. Late season it holds a jacket. Not very heavy.

I bring everything up the tree as I go up. Bow/rifle on backpack, sticks and platform on saddle. I attach the first stick from ground obviously but after that everything rides up in/on backpack or saddle.

Good deal. I guess I just need to minimize my contents of backpack.

Climb my sticks with stand on back and two pull up lines attached to stand ...one for bow/gun one for pack.

Get up on stand, attach harness to tree tether, screw in my hooks ( pants pocket) , pull up my gear, and get dressed , all pants/bibs have full side zippers. Pretty efficient.

Last edited:
Everything I’ve got either goes in, or is strapped to my backpack.

Back