• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Getting to last wild edge step using Chris Crain method?

Stevey220

OK so I'm still new to WE steps and still trying to get the hang of it. I'm getting good at setting them now so looking to utilize the biggest benefit of using this system which is to utilize an aider to get higher with fewer steps. So far the Chris Crain method is working best for me as far as ease of climbing but can't figure out how to pull myself up on the top last step. I'm guessing maybe the second from top is actually the top step? Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I Do this method too, albiet slightly different in that I put my knee on the step and do a pull-up.

On the last step I set my tether as high as I can and the cinch up the rope man to where I’m practically dangling. At this point I’ve already set my wooden platform and secured it in the step. I walk up the tree with weight on tether and then put knee on platform. Reattach linelamns belt and stand up. Then I raise tether to proper height

I use the last step simply to pull myself up on to my platform and then I use that step as my pack hanger and also attach the wild edge bow hanger. I use to try and use my tether to pull my self up to the top step but I found it made things more difficult when I want to come back down.

I use the last step simply to pull myself up on to my platform and then I use that step as my pack hanger and also attach the wild edge bow hanger. I use to try and use my tether to pull my self up to the top step but I found it made things more difficult when I want to come back down.
X2

Back