• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

getting to the top

martian

this is just my second year using a saddle. The only problem I seem to have, is when getting on the top wrung of the ladder( Muddys), is not having another handle to pull yourself up with on the top step. I manage , but seems awkward. anyone hang a "handle" of some sort above the top?

Set your tether when you’re on your bottom step and pull on the rope as a handle. When you’re up then move the tether where you need it.

Trusting your linesman rope is key. Get acquainted with adjusting the LB length to get you the best distance from the tree at different stages of each step. A Ropeman on your tether makes this a snap. Only my second season in the saddle as well. And it gets easier with practice. I decided early on to climb with my tether on the tree from the ground up. I just advance it up the tree ahead of me after each step up. The added security makes it easier to get comfortable with everything else, IMO.

Back