• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Getting your platform up the tree.

michigandrake

The last piece of gear I added was a Ridge Runner platform and it sure feels comfortable, The problem I am having is getting it up the tree without making a bunch of noise. If I carry it on my saddle (S-biner and cord loop) it swings into my sticks or gear hoist. If I carry it in my pack .... well I have not been able to make that work yet without a major malfunction. Am I missing a better option or do I just need to get better with the pack method? or get a better saddle attachment?

I put mine into the game pouch on my turkey vest. A large NiteIze gear tie might work for preventing it from bouncing on your saddle.

I’ve also switched to my turkey vest this year. Saw it on the hunting public, it works really well for me, only complaint is lack of padding on my shoulders compared to my regular pack. It it’s nice being about to just leave the vest on and have on my body and not hanging on the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last piece of gear I added was a Ridge Runner platform and it sure feels comfortable, The problem I am having is getting it up the tree without making a bunch of noise. If I carry it on my saddle (S-biner and cord loop) it swings into my sticks or gear hoist. If I carry it in my pack .... well I have not been able to make that work yet without a major malfunction. Am I missing a better option or do I just need to get better with the pack method? or get a better saddle attachment?
I keep my RR in my pack for the climb. When at height, I hang my pack then get the RR out and set it up. Hope this helps.

I keep my RR in my pack for the climb. When at height, I hang my pack then get the RR out and set it up. Hope this helps.
Working on the pack method. Could not figure out what to do with my pack when placing the stand. Decided to hang it off the saddle on my stick attachment S-biner. Worked good ..... like a giant dump pouch. Still having problems keeping the attachment strap on the RR. Mine wants to fall off and I have dropped it a couple of times now. Maybe an o-ring on the sewn eye to keep it tight to the post on the RR.

I keep mine in my pack. I just drop the pack strap off my left shoulder to pull out my platform. Once in my right hand, left arm slips back into pack and I continue setting up.

Back