• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ghostblind

Jay_Disarray

SH Member
Anyone have any experience with the Ghostblind? It's pretty much just 4 panels of mirrors that set up reflecting at a downward angle so that it reflects the natural foliage and stuff that surrounds the blind.

Kinda an interesting concept, I'm not so sure about execution.

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

I have one. It’s collecting dust in my garage. Too heavy for long pack ins. If your on a private property you’d probably have enough time to set up a real blind. Bright days are hard because of glare on the ground right in front of the blind. Just looks unnatural and draws attention. It works best when you have a lot of vegetation around (standing corn or CRP) but in my experience those are fairly easy environments to hide in any way. I don’t want to act as if they are useless but I haven’t found them to be practical that frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres a picture of it for those unfamiliar
7a8b1172044335753576eb905352405b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

I’ve always been impressed w the ghost blind but like others have said, it’s bulky and a pain to pack in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I"ve got one...I think there's a thread or two around here somewhere already. I like it. I have the backpack. Definitely not a walk through the woods kind of setup, but great for the farm, field edges, or somewhere you have established paths. IT really is amazing, you pretty much disappear behind it.

We have one and love it. Too big to crash through brush, but if you have a good path, it's easy. Do get the case if you get one. My wife is a new hunter but had dozens of opportunities. Highly recommend it if you like to move and have established paths.

I used one on a field edge and had lots of deer within 10 to 15 feet. They do work well but real awkward packing through timber. I gave mine to my son because I just really prefer to hunt elevated.

I have 1 as well. It is mainly only good for 1 person. I was hoping to use it with my son but there isn't enough room.

I like it for reasons stated above. What everyone else said is pretty much spot on. It does work amazingly well in the right circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Has anybody made a diy 1....I have 3 sheets of plexiglass 4ftx4ft I saved from a demo side job to make a bobo ghostblind but haven't got around to it yet.

Has anybody made a diy 1....I have 3 sheets of plexiglass 4ftx4ft I saved from a demo side job to make a bobo ghostblind but haven't got around to it yet.
I did but mine didn't work out. The issue I had was I used corrugated plastic cardboard and glued mylar to it. You need a thin, flat piece of material to go between the mylar and the cardboard.

My second attempt I tried to glue the mylar onto 1/4 inch plywood. It was better but not much and weighed a lot.

The ghost blind has a better reflective material than mylar.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I tried to make 2. The first I glued car window mirror tint film to luan plywood. Total failure. Then used the same film and glued it to white advertising sign plastic, better but it is on the heavy side, bulky and not as reflective as the real Ghost. It is currently in my garage gathering dust lol

Buy the real deal because a failed diy and youve paid for one. Do the back pack they are awkward and heavy. If you can get the same terrain behind you as in front of the blind it disappears like in the above pic

I have one and they do work but like others have said sometimes they reflect or "glow" from the sunlight. Even with it angles slightly down. It is best used in the shadows with lots of vegetation. But then if I'm in the shadows with lots of vegetation I'd probably be fine without the blind.

Back