• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Glue on Broadhead adapters

Weldabeast

SH Member
With the drought on heavier screw in broadhead I was looking at some glue on broadhead and adapters...are these a press fit or u glue the adapter into the head? Then spin and make sure square and true and if it's not u take it apart and try again? I haven't started researching yet and figured I ask u guys. Any info is appreciated

Here is what I use. I won't use screw in broadheads. I'll only use glue on. These adapters glue in your shaft and glue the head to the taper.

BHadapter-3-768x622.jpg

I shot the old magnus heads back in the days with the glue in insert. They was awesome heads and did like the glue in insert. Unlike @ricky racer mine had the threads to screw into the arrow inset. But I can see a big advantage in the insert he shows.

Glue and spin are the only ones I know about. The ones I have used screw in the shaft. They come in aluminum or steel if you want to add more weight in the front.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting some zwickey glue on heads and installing adapter like this
Screenshot_20201005-134331.png

Screenshot_20201005-135208(1).png

Is that not how it works? Install adapter into broadhead to make a screw in broadhead?

On second thought..... Now u aren't able to shoot that arrow with a field point correct?
The arrows I attached broadheads to are only used to shoot at deer after a few test shots into foam. I use glue on field tips too. If you want screw in field tips to match your combined broadhead and adapter weight, you can buy screw in field tips of about any weight range you want.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting some zwickey glue on heads and installing adapter like this
View attachment 36198

View attachment 36199

Is that not how it works? Install adapter into broadhead to make a screw in broadhead?
Yes, you can go that route too. I don't use screw in broadheads though. Most of us use right wing feathers. Have you ever noticed how your field tips always come loose when target shooting? That's because the arrow is unscrewing from the tip when the tip hit's the target and stops turning with the arrow. The arrow continues to turn and unscrew itself for the tip. It's worse when you shoot into a deer because you have more penetration and more revolutions of the shaft allowing a broadhead to loosen. If you look at most of the broadhead failures over the years, the failure always starts with connection between the broadhead and the shaft. Glued on broadheads on glued in adapters don't do that.

Also, I've always been a fan of Zwickey broadheads but I'm not a fan of the No Mercy heads. If you want single bevel, consider Grizzly's.

Also, I've always been a fan of Zwickey broadheads but I'm not a fan of the No Mercy heads. If you want single bevel, consider Grizzly's.
I just used as an example....I guess I just be patent and wait for some screw in to come back on the market....I have arrows built with inserts/outsert already so I not changing or building different... I lubricate the treads on my friend tips with bow wax and they don't get loose.... Before I started doing that they would loosen sometimes. I have right wing feathers on my arrows

So I’m a little confused and wanting to learn.. what is the logic behind glueing a broadhead to a screw in adapter? Isn’t that just turning it into a screw in broadhead?

My buddy who no longer shoots traditional had a bunch of old Magnus/Zwickey broadheads and he had some steel and aluminum glue/screw adapters. My first try was the steel adapter with the 3 blade snuffer and it was too heavy for my 40lb recurve / 400 spine. I am going to try the aluminum ones next. I used the same glue I use for mount points to my cedar arrows.

My logic was free, heavy broadheads.

So I’m a little confused and wanting to learn.. what is the logic behind glueing a broadhead to a screw in adapter? Isn’t that just turning it into a screw in broadhead?
When everybody is sold out and u need some broadheads....I figure just make some screw in using those those components

I use the grizzly glue on broadheads with the steel glue on / screw in adaptors you posted. I’ve had the aluminum adaptors bend a few times on animals.

Is there any trick to keeping everything squared so it spins good first try?

I've used the same steel adapters you linked above in 125g and honestly all I do is push the broadhead on and spin it about a full turn before the glue sets. 9 times out of ten it comes out square. The occasional time it wasn't I just did it again and it came out square the second time. I'm just checking square by spinning them on a table point down and looking for wobble so they might not be perfect but they are close enough that I can't blame a poor shot on them.

Back