• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Good boots for guys with foot issues.

BigAl

Well guys, could you guy give me some recommendations for boots for hunting and scouting? I've got metatarsalgia and my feet are starting be a problem. Any of you guys have experienced foot issues and purchased boots to help pain? Thanks for any responses!

I've got weird feet. They're wide in the metatarsals but not fat in the heel or forefoot
I find my Danner pronghorns to be the most comfortable footwear I own. I bought them a half size too big and threw in some felt footbed liners under the insole. I think the liners help a lot.

Pronghorns have been popular for a long time and you can try them at cabelas

Last edited:
Good boots certainly help but I’ve found quality insoles make the difference as most manufacturers could care less about the insole. My goto are super feet carbons or Sole, you throw them in the oven then throw em in your boots and wear them till they cool off and they form to your foot. I currently have some in a nasty old pair of cabelas boots but they feel like heaven with those insoles. Danners are great but with too stiff a boot you might get transfer to your toes. Also look into different lacing techniques to shift the pressure around on your foot.

Kenetrec. Every person I know who has them loves them. Guy who made them had foot issues. Check out YouTube he made video how he decided to start company

Kenetrec. Every person I know who has them loves them. Guy who made them had foot issues. Check out YouTube he made video how he decided to start company

I just got a pair of Kenetrek’s a few months ago. I love them. They’re expensive but I’m happy I spent the money on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My bud bought some Kenetrek's this spring to break-in for a Fall Mulley hunt in Montana, he LOVE's them.
These boots are like $450, MSRP anyway, he said they are worth every penny. Think he also has a pair of Meindl's, he said
the Kenetrek's are even more comfortable. I may have to try a pair on and save some coin.

My bud bought some Kenetrek's this spring to break-in for a Fall Mulley hunt in Montana, he LOVE's them.
These boots are like $450, MSRP anyway, he said they are worth every penny. Think he also has a pair of Meindl's, he said
the Kenetrek's are even more comfortable. I may have to try a pair on and save some coin.
Pricey but very good.......no dealer near me to try on a pair. ☹

Sheep feet or custom orthotics will likely do more good than the particular boot if you have foot issues. Pairing that with a boot that best fits your foot will be the best. I have a fairly narrow foot with high arches and crispi boots with and aftermarket insert, I believe mastercraft, is what I ended up with and could not be happier with them. Tried superfeet but the arch position was wrong for my foot.

Back