• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

good doggie

colin.704

had to shoot this guy barely quartering straight at me -20yds, 30ft high in tree. pulled bow back thinking he was gonna get broadside but he stopped, minute into it I'm fixing to get shaky. Knew I couldn't hold it forever so hit him right behind the shoulder blade at the start of the loin, almost backbone. he runs and does about a 100yd loop, I hear him crossing my trail I walked in on but don't see it, go to arrow (passthru) but find very little blood after that and could tell I knicked stomach. backed out for about 2 hrs and got Mason, my patterdale and we started looking. I was finding milimeter drops of blood every 15-20yds on the trail for about 100 more yds but the trails start splitting and I'm getting concerned. Mason vears off to creek about that time but he doesn't come back. After about 10 minutes while I'm looking for more blood I decide to head his direction to creek and peek over, see a little black dog, my deer, and a big pile of hair where hes been chewing on it. I quarter it out, make a few phone calls and head to mom's, getting there right on time. My little buddy finds another 1!

Attachments

• mason finds another 1.jpg
    mason finds another 1.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 87
Patterdale strikes again... If he was half as excited with ur buck as he was for the hogs in Georgia I imagine he dragged u thru the woods

Back