• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Good East Texas/West Mississippi WMAs/Public

SnakeEater

Hey fellas, I’m about 30min east of the Texas/Louisiana border and I’m planning to try and get a Texas buck while I’m down south. Wondering if anyone knows of some decent WMAs in east Texas. I’m not asking for anyone’s hunting spots lol just any info that can’t get me started in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I got plenty I’d decent spots on west louisiana WMAs I’d share as well if anyone’s interested. I’m also very interested in trying the same thing in Mississippi if I can get some tags filled in LA and TX, wishful thinking..maybe but I’m optimistic. Thanks in advance gentlemen!

Sent from parts unknown

I grew up in Natchez, MS and there's a large national forest near there that may suit your needs - the Homochitto National Forest. Hunted there a lot as a kid in the 70s, mostly on the Sandy Creek WMA. It was good hunting there then, and I bet it has only improved. Good luck.

I grew up in Natchez, MS and there's a large national forest near there that may suit your needs - the Homochitto National Forest. Hunted there a lot as a kid in the 70s, mostly on the Sandy Creek WMA. It was good hunting there then, and I bet it has only improved. Good luck.

Awesome, thank you sir! I’ll be checking that out today.

Sent from parts unknown

I hunt White Oak Creek WMA in north east Texas. Sulphur river off of hwy 67. Decent bucks. I hunted this past weekend and saw about 15 deer or so. Saw one buck but to far for a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunt White Oak Creek WMA in north east Texas. Sulphur river off of hwy 67. Decent bucks. I hunted this past weekend and saw about 15 deer or so. Saw one buck but to far for a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate it! I’ll have to pull the map up and check it out.

Sent from parts unknown

Back