• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Good Luck New Hampshire hangers!

Good luck all from Northern NH. Hoping to be out sitting tonight and start figuring them out. They've been hard in the Acorns here for last 2 weeks.

Hope you all are seeing deer.
The acorns have been dropping pretty consistent here near the NH Seacoast .

Same here in the Lakes Region. Raining acorns.. Haven't done too many sits yet, but so far I've seen a couple does, a fawn, and a fork horn. And probably 30 turkeys.

Can't say the same thing in the Monadnock region - we got hit pretty hard with the late frost. Wondering if that took a toll on the acorns. But I've never seen as many beech nuts.
Off to a slow start - only 2 sits and haven't seen a thing yet.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

Can't say the same thing in the Monadnock region - we got hit pretty hard with the late frost. Wondering if that took a toll on the acorns. But I've never seen as many beech nuts.

I have seen basically the same, a little more acorns than last year, but not much and spotty.

Oaks are pretty frost hardy; but if it did have an impact it would be on next years Crop. Red oak acorns take two years to form. So the nuts falling now were pollinated in the spring of 2022.

Oaks are pretty frost hardy; but if it did have an impact it would be on next years Crop. Red oak acorns take two years to form. So the nuts falling now were pollinated in the spring of 2022.
Both 21 and 22 were pretty dry around here so that may explain the last 2 years of poor acorns. The late may frost around here was more like a freeze. I have never seen leaf kill on oaks and maples as well as other trees and plants like we had this spring.

My favorite way to saddle hunt is scouting my way in until I find hot sign to set up on.

I find it challenging to find good sign this time of year when the leaves are falling daily and covering most sign.

Any suggestions for a fellow Granite Stater?

My favorite way to saddle hunt is scouting my way in until I find hot sign to set up on.

I find it challenging to find good sign this time of year when the leaves are falling daily and covering most sign.

Any suggestions for a fellow Granite Stater?

You could fall back on spots where you have seen them active in previous years when there have been similar date/weather/food conditions otherwise keep doing what you are doing. When you do find that fresh sign it will be real fresh! The bucks are starting to chase doe's.

Nah.. saw a couple fawns on Friday but that's been it lately. Did see a couple new scrapes pop up though. Most of my camera activity is at night, but have had some early morning pics here and there.

About same. 0 for 3 , last 3 hunts since Friday. scouted close to 3 miles without finding good sign, then settled on fresh droppings near transition area .5 mile in, then scouted to bedding and climbed on edge . I try to push on to higher percentage sign / fresh open scrape but the leaf drop is hiding a bit, should see a uptick in the next week based on notes from past few years

Passed a doe on the opener since it was almost 80 degrees, figured I'd shoot one sunday instead, that didn't pan out.

Back