• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Good value rain gear?

Will Harris

SH Member
Look for a decent set of rain gear that will be used only a few times a year for deer hunting. not going to sit in pouring rain. do want to pack in the gear when it might rain. needs to be reasonably quiet for drawing bow and putting on/taking off. reasonably inexpensive.

can anyone personnally recommend something that might work for the above?

The best I have found is Rivers West. I got some of mine off Ebay on sale. I did buy an Adirondack Jacket directly from them.

Look for a decent set of rain gear that will be used only a few times a year for deer hunting. not going to sit in pouring rain. do want to pack in the gear when it might rain. needs to be reasonably quiet for drawing bow and putting on/taking off. reasonably inexpensive.

can anyone personnally recommend something that might work for the above?
I keep the cabelas space rain jacket and rain paint in my car at all times and throw into my bag on possible rain days. They are light weight and pack down small. Reasonably quiet too. I’ve been pleased with their performance way over the frog togs I had before. Jacket and pant can be had for around $100 total maybe a little less. 2A0253BB-D662-4515-B826-8CC96CA2219F.png

Frogg togg guide are ok/serviceable, but would not reccomend as they are a bit loud/baggy so I've replaced them with Helly Hansen impertech bibs/jacket. Good online reviews but haven't had a chance to use them yet. Will report back in July after my AK fishing trip, and then again in September after my hunting trip.

Edit: as of Sept 2023, trialing outdoor research foray set for the hunting trip, impertechs are great but too got for me to hike in.

Last edited:
I keep the cabelas space rain jacket and rain paint in my car at all times and throw into my bag on possible rain days. They are light weight and pack down small. Reasonably quiet too. I’ve been pleased with their performance way over the frog togs I had before. Jacket and pant can be had for around $100 total maybe a little less. View attachment 86130

this looks exactly like what i'm looking for. looks like $150 for both on cabelas website

this looks exactly like what i'm looking for. looks like $150 for both on cabelas website
If you’re not a camo or matching fanatic certain sizes and camo are on clearance at times. If it they had a real tree jacket and the true timber strata pants on sale in your size you could always mix and match and save a few bucks.

I use huntworth rain gear. I think it got it on sale for $50 a piece. It has a brushed exterior and not too loud. I have had many deer within 10 yards wearing it and shot a turkey this year. I just wish it had more for ventilation.

Back