• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gorilla tree seat platform

Dkiss103

Anyone used a gorilla tree seat as a platform or modified one into a platform? Have one collecting dust in my shop, thought about trying to make it into a back up platform.

If it has a mesh seat, I am told that they give in the middle too much, but there is only one way to find out!

Anyone used a gorilla tree seat as a platform or modified one into a platform? Have one collecting dust in my shop, thought about trying to make it into a back up platform.

Thread up right now about a guy using one on a Helium stick as a platform.

I have used Hawk Hang Out Tree Seat as a platform. Its okay but would need able to get down angle. Its 90 degrees and its not so comfortable with tree saddle use. I like more our own ringstep. Hawk Tree Seat.JPG

Those ring of steps are sweet!! I have 3 climbing methods and only 1 platform style. Now I’m gonna have to add another platform! Do you have a post on how you made them?

These were made by a fellow who worked in aluminium company.
I believe blue prints are still in there and I think product is still available by pre order. Not 100% sure but thats the rumour...
I know some are for sale in local bowhunting shop.
I bought 16 of them so I can have two hunting sets ready for hunt.
Then again they are so light I can carry the other half set easily in a small bag and climb where ever I find a good spot.
Since the tree saddle thing is very new here in Finland I had to make my own copy of saddle to get one in time for season start.
This is my first whitetail deer season and second season all together for bowhunters here in Finland. We got whitetails for bowhunting last year. Finland is the only European country where whitetail deer is (now) natural game in our fauna. History of it is very interesting and starts only about 80 years ago by few deers brought from Virginia. Now we have about 100 000 deers in area about 600 km radius...

Those ring of steps are sweet!! I have 3 climbing methods and only 1 platform style. Now I’m gonna have to add another platform! Do you have a post on how you made them?

Back