• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Got a Treesuit, now to make it better.

BOMO

I picked up a Treesuit on AT. It seems like a good compromise between a GW and a plywood sling. I'm interested in trying the plywood sling, but not until I get comfortable hunting from a saddle again. I plan to make similar modifications that j3hunt made here: http://saddlehunter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=175
I'll be using 3 Helium sticks with a custom webbing step (Dave style) on each and I'm going to practice the one stick method as well. Since my single Helium stick purchase fell through, I don't have a strap-on platform yet. Hopefully they will be available late Spring (so I'm told).
I'm just excited about not having to carry 50lbs (climber and gear) on my back anymore. :D

I also want to try the gaffs at some point for the private land I hunt. Maybe next year.

Thanks for all your suggestions so far. This forum is such a good resource :!:

Hey boho, I don't have a strap on platform yet either but am wondering what company told u they will have some late spring??? Reason I ask is because I'm thinking of buying a set of heliums to make me a platform like red did.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

Eaton said:
Hey boho, I don't have a strap on platform yet either but am wondering what company told u they will have some late spring??? Reason I ask is because I'm thinking of buying a set of heliums to make me a platform like red did.

It was Hawk Hunting, the Helium sticks are their brand. I also plan to make the platform like Red made.

So they are gonna come out with a strap on platform for us saddle guys. That will be awesome

Eaton said:
So they are gonna come out with a strap on platform for us saddle guys. That will be awesome

No, he meant making steps out of cut down helium sticks like Red did.

I have cut off pieces from (3) helium sticks, pm me an offer.

kenn1320 said:
Eaton said:

No, he meant making steps out of cut down helium sticks like Red did.

I have cut off pieces from (3) helium sticks, pm me an offer.

Wait. You have the Helium sticks cutoff to use as a strap on platform? If so, I'd like 4.

Ok I misread it haha. If that the case I'll Probably buy a box of three sticks and make my own.

If anyone cuts up a helium stick for this, I'd be interested in the cleats and button that are left over. I have a project I am thinking of that needs a couple of pieces.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back