• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Got mine!

Dressedtokill

Got my GECKO ULTRA LIGHT TREE ALUMINUM CLIMBERS in today and this is the climbing method I have been looking for. Didn’t climb very high but with practice I can see these being a very valuable tool. Was wondering if anyone had some ideas on mods for the top Velcro strap that thing is LOUD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get them and how much were they. Might try some myself. I had a pair of Klein’s and the gaffs left bad gouges in the tree. I’m not sure if it was me or the gaffs. But I say Ernie climb with his and he left no tracks. He had short pole gaffs and and the gaff was straight my Klein’s were long tree gaffs and were curved. My children will not be happy because of their inheritance by I think I need to try a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Got my GECKO ULTRA LIGHT TREE ALUMINUM CLIMBERS in today and this is the climbing method I have been looking for. Didn’t climb very high but with practice I can see these being a very valuable tool. Was wondering if anyone had some ideas on mods for the top Velcro strap that thing is LOUD.

Welcome to the club!

Check out post #48 to see some of the mods I did

http://www.saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/5944/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Where did you get them and how much were they. Might try some myself. I had a pair of Klein’s and the gaffs left bad gouges in the tree. I’m not sure if it was me or the gaffs. But I say Ernie climb with his and he left no tracks. He had short pole gaffs and and the gaff was straight my Klein’s were long tree gaffs and were curved. My children will not be happy because of their inheritance by I think I need to try a pair.

Check with g2, I believe he found a pretty good coupon.

This reminds me, I also changed the angle of the grind on my actual spurs too. I will try and illustrate that today. It makes climbing much easier without having to slam the spike into the tree each time. I just set the spike on the tree and push down as I step up.

Amazon for about 390 cheapest I could find new. Didn’t want used

I’m going to use my spurs to climb up and then use my sterling fcx to repel down! This should be the lightest quickest way I’ve ever climb before!! I’m damn near excited!

This reminds me, I also changed the angle of the grind on my actual spurs too. I will try and illustrate that today. It makes climbing much easier without having to slam the spike into the tree each time. I just set the spike on the tree and push down as I step up.

Yes you explained that to me at Saddlepalooza but we never got around to you showing me how. Would like to know how to do that. The Klein’s I had I had to kick them in to get em to stick good.

I suspect that is due to the pole spurs. They have a much sharper angle than the Gecko tree spurs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My apology, I misread your original post. I thought you said you bought the carbon ones. My mistake. The aluminum ones are awesome too. I just thought maybe someone else was as crazy as me for a second.

I thought hard about it for sure!

Trust me I know. It took a long time for me to pull the trigger on mine. And I'm a tree trimmer!

Ernie is spurs your number 1 climbing method for hunting?

Back