• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Got my new kestrel today

Bigshootnsuly

Jul 1, 2018
Aero Hunter emailed me about some changes they were making to the saddles after I ordered mine so I had a few choices I got to make but when I got mine in the mail today and opened it up I felt lost trying to figure out what was what. I have watched a lot of the YouTube videos from Bobby and some other guys but I’m still not sure. It appears lots of stuff is maybe hooked together for shipping purposes. I assume this how the tree strap goes?
7ba8a433d341a6864ddb4315bf9c7d4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boyne bowhunter

Staff member
SH Member
Aug 17, 2016
NW Michigan
I forgot to add they did away with the Blake’s hitch knots
76c9ce2d60c53202d4e0d2240f900d17.jpg

Yep, you got it right. The prussic will work better with the tender than the Blake's hitch. That's probably why they went that route. The tender will give you the ability to adjust the tether one handed in either direction.

Reactions: bongo

Bigshootnsuly

Jul 1, 2018
How do you like your kestrel. Debating on that or then mantis...

To be honest I have only went up the tree in my backyard once with it so far. I did order rope man 1’s for it as well. I can only speak on the quality of it and it is top notch. I feel very safe looking at how it’s made and designed. I know nothing about the mantis yet, I assume you can’t go wrong either way. I’m sure several guys on here will have both. Sorry if that doesn’t help push you either way.