• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Got the New Stick Itch

CrackbottomLouis

There always seems to be something I want every season. Fancy new sticks are calling my name.

Looking at the Eastern Woods Outdoors ultralight set up dano has on offer. Yeah, I know I can build without the ultralight components cheaper but if I'm gonna spend the money might as well. Anybody have them? Do they nest together all sneaky quiet like?

I'm gonna skip the one sticking this year. So, 3 lighter sticks with that angled top step platform is calling my name. If they had that rope cam like the shikars probably would have already jumped. Was thinking going with daisy chain amsteel. Was looking at shikars too but I I'd rather buy from dano unless the shikars are so awesome they are a must have.

Was wondering if an aider step is likely to kick out with that if you don't get an optimal fit around the tree with the daisy chain. Was thinking shorter sticks and 2 step aiders. Any experience that would indicate an issue with such a plan?

I hate that itch man. Can't leave well enough alone. Just have to tinker. My wife makes fun of me. Just have to mess with stuff huh? Yes, and usually it's to my detriment but shush, no one asked you.

I want to like multiple sticks but they make me angry, fiddle diddle

Buy them, you wont regret it. They lock together really well, no slop. You are right, might as well go all in, its definitely worth the extra money for ultralight. I'm very happy with my set up. I went with a 15 inch stick and a single sewn in aider.

Back