• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Grandsons Deer (plural)

Sipsey

I posted back in Jan. about my grandsons guided deer hunt. I wrote the story up and, long story short, it’s in this months issue of Buckmasters magazine. He shot at a big buck and the guide said he missed. We reloaded and another big buck comes by. He makes a good shot and we watch it exit the field. We wait 30 min. and drag it down a hill. Back at camp reviewing the video they realize the deer we brought back was the first deer. It’s now dark and raining as they head out in search of the other deer. About 45 min later they call and tell us to meet them out back. It’s a 21 pointer to go with the 20 pointer.

Well he’s spoiled for life...

Spencer

Edit: don’t take that as me degrading the hunt or the experience for the youngster. Glad he’s out enjoying it. But 20 and 21 points ain’t exactly the everyday experience

Last edited:
Well he’s spoiled for life...

Spencer

Edit: don’t take that as me degrading the hunt or the experience for the youngster. Glad she’s out enjoying it. But 20 and 21 points ain’t exactly the everyday experience
You’re right, he loves eating grilled back straps wrapped in bacon so hopefully he can keep motivated to hunt for food.

A link to @Sipsey's original thread for those interested. It's a great, inspiring story and comes complete with pics. Enjoy!

A link to @Sipsey's original thread for those interested. It's a great, inspiring story and comes complete with pics. Enjoy!

Thanks. I didn’t think of that.

Truly hope my comment didn’t offend. Just read the linked post. Hope your grandson keeps fighting and glad he had an amazing hunt. Couldn’t imagine dealing with that battle, both him and your whole family. Hope y’all have a great season this year, and many to come!

Spencer

Awesome story and the best thing I have read in a long time, one of those days you will never forget, god bless.

Truly hope my comment didn’t offend. Just read the linked post. Hope your grandson keeps fighting and glad he had an amazing hunt. Couldn’t imagine dealing with that battle, both him and your whole family. Hope y’all have a great season this year, and many to come!

Spencer
No offense taken. I agree with you 100%, it will be hard to coach him after that hunt.

Back