• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Great day of hunting

Dmathews87

Had a great day of hunting yesterday...decided to go to one of my spots on some public. Its a mile back and decently hilly (for Louisiana anyway). I was setup by 5:30a and feel like i did an extra good job at being stealthy...had perfect wind for this spot and its in an oak flat. I had a group of deer come in about 50-60 yards of me around 7:30 but couldnt tell what they were due to cover. Seemed like they were heading in a direction away from me but they eventually came my way. 2 smaller does came in first and quick, then another, then a bigger doe who decided to stop 20 yards of me which ended up being her downfall. arrow blew through her like she wasnt there and she had no idea what had just happened...started walking away and getting progressively wobbly before she crashed about 60 yards from me. deboned her (a first for me) and packed her out. didnt get alot of pics, was working against the La heat so got to work quick on her.

the real highlight of this day came later that evening...took my 5yr old daughter to our lease for her first hunt. As expected she made more noise than 10 deer combined so i wasnt expecting much, really just wanted to be in the moment with her dipping her toes....to my surprise we actually had some deer come in...2 yearlings and a nice doe. Couldnt shoot as i had already harvested a doe so we just enjoyed watching them. She was so excited and had a blast, couldnt have asked for more.

Back