• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Great foot comfort TopPaws

justsomedude

IMG_2636.JPG I put four top paws on an overcenter buckle strap with a hook. The hook keeps them from falling off the strap while attaching to the tree

Two paws per foot is NICE. Weighting two at a time makes it more stable
You can stand on them normally to circle the tree

Speaking of climbpaws, it looks like they offically went out of business. The website is no longer active.

Have you tried DIY PVC? Seems like it wouldn't be difficult
I haven't. I was just mentioning that because I think it was last year that some guys had a lot of trouble with them because they were accepting payments but not shipping out the paws. I guess that was the beginning of the end for them.

Well if you don't mind the bulk..they are comfy and you could make your own really cheap. The best DIY step platform I have seen

IMG_2642.JPG I haven't decided if I want to keep them or not. How many options do we 'need' :)

Here's a size comparison to ameristeps.

I made my own out of PVC. Used them on 1 hunt and never again.

They worked great. However, they were way too bulky and loud for a mobile setup. For presets I think they would work really well.

I made my own out of PVC. Used them on 1 hunt and never again.

They worked great. However, they were way too bulky and loud for a mobile setup. For presets I think they would work really well.
I think there is something to the material they used plus the furry covering. These are super quiet.

I hated their original straps. Feeding a strap through buckles in the dark is no fun. If you dropped on end of the strap, the paw would slide off.

I was tempted to get a whole set until I saw how their straps were designed. Carrying a whole set would feel clumsy

Back