• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Great news

Well that is good news. It's like Christmas when you see that box of new gear. Enjoy it, And be safe. What are you going to be using for a climbing method?

Don’t know yet. My father in-law has some old ladder steps that strap to the tree that I’m going to try and buy from him to start out with. I have also been eye balling either the Lone Wold climbing sticks or the Hawk Helium ones. I just don’t have a lot of cash for those at the moment, but I’m keeping my eyes and options open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m assuming you got the platform also? Glad your excited. It really is fun. The api sticks are as cheap as I would buy. I think the Helium’s are the best value(depending on future pricing). Lone wolfs are usually the most available. I prefer double steps. Then there are diy sticks. They aren’t cheap and how nice they end up depends solely on your skills.

Guys work towards buying the wild edge steps and aider before hunting season. They pack well in a good solid backpack, are quiet, and lite weight to carry. I personally hunt out of a kestrel and love the design. My setup is a badlands Pursuit backpack and Wild Edge steps. Keeping your load lite and quiet is the point I'm stressing the most. The other factor is how quiet climbing with these steps are. When you have aluminum stick attached to your back pack they are going to make alot of noise against brush and branches..not ideal for being stealthy....well good luck and have fun
May the Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

Back