• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Green's Tree Saddle

huck72412

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Been hunting for the last 2 seasons with a couple guys from Jasper Ga. I met them on a quota hunt at a very desirable WMA. We swapped numbers and kept up during the off season. That was 2 years ago. This morning we all met up as usual but one thing was different, this time they showed up with tree saddles. I thought it was weird that for two seasons neither of them had asked me about my saddle. Turns out they already knew all there was to know about them. I've been hunting with the son-in-law of James Green. The inventor of the tree saddle. I asked a thousand questions and got minimal information as to why Trophyline is out of business or will they ever be again. He dodged most of my questions but did share lots of stories about the early days and the evolution of the saddle as far as Me Green's was concerned. James is still alive and very much involved in hunting with his grandchildren. I asked about the likelihood of getting my hands on another tree saddle and he said he would have his son check with James and see if he could grab me a couple. 10 minutes later his son sends a pic of roughly 30 brand new in the package Trophyline saddles. I almost fell over. Apparently he was at his grandfathers house and has free reign of the saddle room. Later my friend told me that James has 100s of boxes filled with brand new saddles and freely shares them with whomever. I hope to get my new one soon and maybe get an opportunity to meet the pioneer responsible for this innovative device that brings us together here at Saddlehunter. Thanks for reading, Huck!!

I'd take a small for my kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have often thought about making one. Perhaps he will show me since he was involved in the production of most of the models.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Please share any info that you learn from them here with us! :D

Been hunting for the last 2 seasons with a couple guys from Jasper Ga. I met them on a quota hunt at a very desirable WMA. We swapped numbers and kept up during the off season. That was 2 years ago. This morning we all met up as usual but one thing was different, this time they showed up with tree saddles. I thought it was weird that for two seasons neither of them had asked me about my saddle. Turns out they already knew all there was to know about them. I've been hunting with the son-in-law of James Green. The inventor of the tree saddle. I asked a thousand questions and got minimal information as to why Trophyline is out of business or will they ever be again. He dodged most of my questions but did share lots of stories about the early days and the evolution of the saddle as far as Me Green's was concerned. James is still alive and very much involved in hunting with his grandchildren. I asked about the likelihood of getting my hands on another tree saddle and he said he would have his son check with James and see if he could grab me a couple. 10 minutes later his son sends a pic of roughly 30 brand new in the package Trophyline saddles. I almost fell over. Apparently he was at his grandfathers house and has free reign of the saddle room. Later my friend told me that James has 100s of boxes filled with brand new saddles and freely shares them with whomever. I hope to get my new one soon and maybe get an opportunity to meet the pioneer responsible for this innovative device that brings us together here at Saddlehunter. Thanks for reading, Huck!!

Hi ! Do you still have any for sale ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a cool story!!!

I'd love to see about getting one as well. I'm sure he could sell a few dozen on this forum.

But...let's keep it quiet.

Just for clarification guys!! I hunt with one of the guys that was a part of the Tree Saddle's earliest days. He is the x- son in law of James Green. He and his son have access to any saddle they want but I do not. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and got a saddle from him but I do not have a bunch of them for sale. I hope the original post didn't suggest such.

Back