• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Greetings, FNG here from Augusta, GA

Ukenout

Hello ALL,
After many weeks and countless hours watching videos of people hang in trees I figured I'd research this option of hunting more. What's funny is I found a sit drag in box with a bunch of old hunting gear I had. Noticed on YouTube a lot of guys making tree saddles with them. Due to an injury (souvenir from Uncle Sam's holy crusade) I wear prosthetic devices on my legs but hell I can climb still so I'm really liking the idea of being able to hunt from a tree again and not have to figure out how to carry a heavy stand.

Noticed some great threads on fixing up DIY saddles as well as reviews on full blown ones. Hope to run across more saddle hunters soon.

Welcome aboard!!! If you have any local connections on Masters tickets I'll teach you everything you'll ever need to know about saddle hunting :cool:

Hats off to you for getting out and doing your thing. My great uncle came back from Vietnam in a wheelchair with an a$$ full of tin cans and nails. VA said he'd never walk again.

Somehow he got a job as a lineman's with AT&T. Guess the booby trap damaged his hearing...

Back