• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Greetings from Michgan

michigander

Hello,

I just started deer hunting last season and took a doe as my first deer in the late season using my Dad's crossbow. I had grown up shooting a bow, but never really took to hunting so in the off season I got myself a bow and have had a so so start to this season. I have been hunting my Dad's property and a piece of public land. The public land has been a lot of fun and I nearly got a chance at a doe, but she just wouldn't come out of the brush enough to get an arrow on her. I could have taken a few shots at doe on my Dad's property, but he doesn't want to take any doe there until later in the season and that's only if I haven't got a deer at that point in the season yet. I had a nice 8 point come through his property tonight, but to get a shot to my right side would have been way to much movement in my climber and left me really wishing I had my saddle already. I'll just keep plugging away with my climber until the saddle arrives and hopefully that first opportunity will present itself. Hope everyone else is having fantastic starts to their seasons and thank you for allowing me to become part of this community.

Welcome to the site from the northern LP. Lots of great guys on here willing to help, don't be shy about asking.

Back