• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Greetings from Overseas!

Sequoia

...Sort of :D

Currently deployed but am looking forward to getting back and hunting this upcoming season in North Carolina. I recently bought "Bowhunting Whitetails the Eberhart Way" and became intrigued with the saddle hunting concept. I hunt mostly public land and love the concept of the saddle. Currently I run a couple Lone Wolf hang ons and use muddy sticks to climb. I have backpack straps on the stand and use a bungee cord to attack the sticks to the stand (similar to DIY Outdoors on YouTube). It's a decent set up but would love to try something else.

Thanks for a great site with lots of info! Looking at getting an Aero Hunter..... looking forward to conversing with other hunters.

Sequoia

Welcome! Thanks for your service! I think you will really enjoy saddle hunting if you give it a fair shot. It's changed the game for me!

Welcome and thank you for serving. Stay safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Welcome. And my sincere thanks for your service. Enjoy the site and the community. These guys are a special bunch

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Welcome from Fort Drum and 10th Mountain. I'm glad you found the site and are going to the saddle. You 82nd guys are always late to the party...

Sent from my mobile command center

Welcome to the site. I see you nabbed an Aero Hunter Evolution. I think you'll like it - I started saddle Hunting last season and I've only used the Evo.
There are a ton of saddle ideas and customizations on here that you'll enjoy. The first thing that you'll need to DIY is a strap-on platform unless you plan on using screw-in steps which aren't permitted on public land in some states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Look forward to being able to post pics/share stories.

g2outdoors, I'm no hooah, I'm a Marine - though I did rub elbows with some 82 guys while at jump school ;)

How many more days until deer season?......... too many!

Back