• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Grumley deerslayer?

I was gifted what I'm pretty sure is a Bear by Grumley Deerslayer. I love Bear stuff and still can't believe it. Was wondering if anyone had an idea of what kind of value these can have? Also, itd be amazing to shoot a deer with it, but I'm terrified of breaking it. I'm assuming it'd be best to leave as a wall hanger and not risk it? Thanks in advance for any info!Screenshot_20220630-212632_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220630-212552_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
If you can get a string on it, brace it with a stringer real slow. Let it sit somewhere on its side for a couple days strung up. Check the glue lines in the limbs for any separation. If looks good, put a little tension on the string and listen. If you hear a tick let down, unstrung it and hang it. If not keep going slooooowly until you get to full draw. Shoot it from there. There a lot of those bows still out there killing deer.

I need to get a string for it, but I can't find any other markings on it. Do I just measure tip to tip on the back side of the bow?

Back