• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

GT Warrior Shafts

Micneador

SH Member
Anybody shot the gold tip warrior shafts? Are they any good. Contemplating some 600's for a target shaft and some 700's for the wife's bow.

I’ve played with them out of my recurves and longbows. I’ve had no problems with them. They are on the lighter GPI, but they are a good durable arrow in my opinion.
Here is a video by Jeff Phillips. He seems to really like them.

My nephew shoots them and has killed several deer with them.

Personally, I’ve never been a good enough shot to shoot the difference in arrows. I’d shoot any arrow from a respectable company that tunes to my bow.
Same here. I strive for golf ball accuracy which usually gets me in the baseball to softball range which seems to work pretty well for killin stuff most of the time.

I’ve played with them out of my recurves and longbows. I’ve had no problems with them. They are on the lighter GPI, but they are a good durable arrow in my opinion.
Here is a video by Jeff Phillips. He seems to really like them.

this goes against Dr Eds teachings. i shoot a light recurve and long bow and wanted heavy arrows. shaft and head.

this goes against Dr Eds teachings. i shoot a light recurve and long bow and wanted heavy arrows. shaft and head.
No, actually Ashby recommends the lightest gpi shafts that you can tune and adding weight via broadheads and inserts. That type of build will maximize foc better than shafts with a higher gpi.

No, actually Ashby recommends the lightest gpi shafts that you can tune and adding weight via broadheads and inserts. That type of build will maximize foc better than shafts with a higher gpi.

of course, technically, what you stated is more correct than what i stated.

in the past (and maybe still today for shorter shafts), to get to the amount of total arrow weight that is really needed for proper momentum for light draw weight bows, we sometimes have to also add weight to the shaft. complete exaggeration, but its hard to find 400gr heads, so lets add shaft weight. we have more and better choices now than ever and be happy about that. our aluminum shafts had to be heavy or they would bend and 150gr head was really hard to find back in the day. i did not have access to 300gr heads in the 80s. now is the goold ole days

Thanks guys. Like I said. These will be target shafts as I have my hunting shafts already that fly amazing.

This off season I plan on shooting a few more 3-d events since my daughter loves to go. Trying to get a few of my friends to shoot their trad bows more and attend these 3-d shoots as well. The prices of these shafts are a little easier on the wallet. If I like em I may buy more in my hunting arrow spine.

Back