• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Guess who wasn't hot today?

dpierce72

What a morning...

Hiked 2 miles (one way) to one of the remote areas of river bottoms I have been so eager to get one of my new Cell cams into (first season with cell cams) only to discover Verizon no longer works in that area (after multiple seasons when it did)!

It's all good, however, I dropped a 'non cell' cam and hiked my 2 miles out. Had an encounter with a cotton mouth (pictured below) and a small rattle snake, got more mosquito bites than I can count (Thermacel was smoking...), and sweated so much I haven't peed since drinking 64oz of Orange Gatorade (gotta be orange...). Oh ...and that Verizon network? It actually does still work there, but the network is down in that entire area (including civilization) ...Murphys Law! However, I'm NOT GOING BACK until I hunt it ...cell cam or not. It will go somewhere else!

All the while I'm having a miserable time, guess who wasn't? [hope this pic is okay ...it is nature after all]!

Turtles.png

Cotton Mouth (always a heart stopper)

Cotton Mouth.png

Nice trip! Completely soggy and 100% humid in Arkansas today! Glad you accomplished your mission

I guess turtles are like us and like different positions. I caught these guys doing the reverse turtle tango last Friday while scouting. He also could have just gotten a bit too into it and fell off, it happens.

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 3.02.11 PM.png

Back