• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Guidos Web bow holder and pouch

Flyerzfan10

Anyone make a bow holder that attaches to the web like the one on the new hybrid? Also do you have any pouches attached on the side to hold stuff? Just looking for ideas. Thanks!

Never tried a bow holder, I have experimented with pouches on the side and did not find them very user friendly. I attached them to the webbing shown circled in the pic, the weight of em made me always guessing where the linesman loops where which I hated.. I ditched the side pouches and just went with a waist pack.
3e974d3cee35d49968916a863a38dbab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The bow holder on the hybrid is basically two locking d ring. Not sure if the brand but it looked like the grim locks. There are several options that would work.
1F85431D-8FF2-43A1-8B46-F808C54B1BF5.pngAA71DE3B-D97B-459A-ACBE-38F902D15B09.png

Can someone set me straight, I remember reading ‘ hearing it’s really bad to carry/hang your bow by the string....... if so why???

I read an article of someone running a ridge line with the bow by the string and the peep wasn’t inline when the hunter went to take a shot. Apparently the string on single cam bows can rotate slightly while it’s being carried by the string. I don’t see it being a problem hanging while you are hunting. And storing it hung by the string can supposedly cause string stretch but not as much as shooting it.

No sights on a recurve :).

That third hand clip looks like the ticket. I could thread it right though one of the webbing straps.
Never tried a bow holder, I have experimented with pouches on the side and did not find them very user friendly. I attached them to the webbing shown circled in the pic, the weight of em made me always guessing where the linesman loops where which I hated.. I ditched the side pouches and just went with a waist pack.
3e974d3cee35d49968916a863a38dbab.jpg

Thanks for the info. What is that green chest strap you have on?

No sights on a recurve :).

That third hand clip looks like the ticket. I could thread it right though one of the webbing straps.

Thanks for the info. What is that green chest strap you have on?
I bought it from @redsquirrel like that, I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference with or without it but I like it.

I bought it from @redsquirrel like that, I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference with or without it but I like it.

Not sure if that answered your question after I sent it.. it's just a piece of webbing that runs from each shoulder strap to help distribute the weight.

My DIY saddle uses the grim locks 2 for this. the other clip used on JX3 seems to be more secure

Back