• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Guido's web bow holder

River Hunter

One thing I wish the GW had was a way to carry my bow so I can be more hands free walking into the woods. Called Butch about making one and he said he always has his bow in hand in case he sees one so no need, but I'm walking in and out in the dark so that does me good. So I made my own.
Consists of approximately 5 yards of 1" webbing, 4 buckles, and one button.
With the GW in the folded position, vertical strap has an overhand knot that slips over the fork (top of picture), the two long horizontal straps buckle around the back of the seat. The shorter horizontal straps buckle around the bow (riser and string), and the bottom of the vertical strap buttons around the lower cam.

Installs and can be removed in about 30 seconds.

Held together with 6 box stitches. More pics and possibly a video to come!

20170828_062530_zps7wzkx7ad.jpg

Last edited:
Thought - If you made the horizontal straps long enough to go around the GW and your torso, so they clipped in front, and you made the loop that goes over the tree fork big enough to slip off easily when unloaded, and you tied a loop of paracord to the top loop and threw it over your shoulder, you could unbuckle and pick your bow up and around without taking the GW web off.

I have to take the web off to get to my sticks, tether, and other misc in the pouches in the back anyway. I sandwich my sticks between the seat and the backrest so it's an all-in-one deal. And I give myself another spray down at the base of the tree before I put the web back on. But I like the way you're thinking. Anything to make the process more efficient.

I just meant it opened up the possibility of shooting a deer without dropping your pack, with the only adder to your time and the device is 12" of extra webbing and a loop of paracord. Also, to be able to get to truck, pull your bow off and put away, then throw your whole gear setup into the truck without ever setting it down in mud/water. And without the risk of hitting bow when throwing the stuff in. You can always cut the webbing down if you don't use the feature.

Ship me the old one and you make yourself a new one haha!

Nah, that's what the forum is for - feedback and improvement...pics when you try it out!

Please show a pic of this and your bow attached to the web.

I think I will add a snap higher up the strap to get the bow to ride a little higher, other than that I'm pretty happy with it.

Back