• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Guidos Web to tree seat (bosons, onehair, preachers, etc ...)?

sojourner

SH Member
For any of you, especially @noxninja , who use or have used the Guidos Web and have moved from that to some type of DYI tree seat, why have you done so? What are the positives of moving from the GW to a tree seat and what are the negatives?

I love my Guidos Web. I only have until the end of December to order a backup since Mr Butch is retiring. I am pretty confident I am going to order a backup web by then. That said, what is the draw for using a onehair tree seat or similar when you have already enjoyed the comfort of the Guidos Web?

I already endure a sit drag for early season and plan to continue to do so, I have ordered and returned a kestrel (it looked great and had great quality, but with my shoulder arthritis I could not reach to hook up to the right linemans belt loop. I never attached it to a tree). Previously, I hunted out of a trophyline saddle. I am not looking for, "get a kestrel/sit drag/trophy line, you won't regret it". Or get your body in "saddle shape". I am round and round is a shape.

Anyhow, so guidos Web versus some other seat with a whale tail to keep you off the tree and comfortable?

Thanks!

I made a onehair seat without a fork. For me it gave the benefits of the hard seat but it probably had 1/4 the weight and bulk.

I made a onehair seat without a fork. For me it gave the benefits of the hard seat but it probably had 1/4 the weight and bulk.

If I remember correctly, you had a GW? Any thoughts on lumbar and back support of GW versus onehair? Thanks!

If I remember correctly, you had a GW? Any thoughts on lumbar and back support of GW versus onehair? Thanks!

I have one. Only took it out a few times because it’s too bulky for me. The onehair has no back or lumbar support. I have a belt from an aero hunter that I bought in the classifieds that I use to wear it like all my other saddles and if I need it I can safely lean back into it.

I have one. Only took it out a few times because it’s too bulky for me. The onehair has no back or lumbar support. I have a belt from an aero hunter that I bought in the classifieds that I use to wear it like all my other saddles and if I need it I can safely lean back into it.

Thanks for your input Red.

I guess we all value different qualities more so than others. I am hoping to see if I would be missing something going to a onehair, or gaining something.

Right now for me, weighing the bulkiness against comfort, the comfort wins. For me, the comfort allows me to remain still, keep my feet off platform if/when I want and put boot blankets over my feet, which keep me in the tree longer. The "downsides" for me are that I need to take two trips up, one with my RC harness to set sticks, platform and tether (if I do not have to navigate around branches). The second with the GW. That is not really bad, because I use the RC harness as backup and when I use the sit drag, I take two trips up also.

I guess I will always choose comfort over the length of the sit over carry weight and bulkiness (as long as I believe they will not adversely affect my ability to close on a shooter).

Just seeing if I am missing anything.

Back