• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Guidos web user

Worthnl@yahoo.com

Bought the web few months ago. I've tried climb paws and muddy sticks with it. Muddy sticks work best. I to stand on three climb paws to shoot from. My biggest issue is have to take sticks with each hunt. And the whale while ascending whale tale is always cutting the inside of my legs. Once settled in hunting position works well. Just not loving the abuse on the legs. Any suggestions? Should look into the aero hunter? Already into the web for 350.

Worthnl@yahoo.com said:
Bought the web few months ago. I've tried climb paws and muddy sticks with it. Muddy sticks work best. I to stand on three climb paws to shoot from. My biggest issue is have to take sticks with each hunt. And the whale while ascending whale tale is always cutting the inside of my legs. Once settled in hunting position works well. Just not loving the abuse on the legs. Any suggestions? Should look into the aero hunter? Already into the web for 350.

Welcome to the site!

I don't have any experience with the web but what I know about it sums up what you said: It is very comfortable once you get set up in the tree, probably the most comfortable saddle. It is big and bulky to carry in.

I would think carrying sticks along with the web would start to add up.

I tried the climb paws first , too many straps and bulky to be realistic . They seat to the tree well. I like the web, the whale tail only gets awkward when trying to instal steps, sticks, or paws. Brainstorming about making a sleeve to put over it to keep from getting in the way until I to my final height in the tree. Didn't know if anyone had already found a solution for this.

I bet if you monkied around with that bar you might be able to figure out how to detach it and then re-attach it when your ready to hunt. It would not be any safety risk. I am considering a web myself. Does it make any noise while walking through the woods or while moving into position to take a shot?

I use the neoprene Realtree tree saddle and I have a Guido's web the Guido's web is by far the most comfortable but you have the added weight the neoprene saddle it weighs less so it's good for a long hikes as far as the whale tail I've seen some people online they make it swivel out-of-the-way and then swivel back I seen it on archery talk .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I thought the web's seat stayed folded behind you as a backpack like structure until you got to hunting height. Guess not....I'm curious about the Guido's Web....I have a leather tresssaddle. I love it, but it sure looks like it would be more comfortable to be able to sit away from the tree. After 9 years using the treesaddle, I just started using knee pads. It's so nice! Hahaha :lol: Cheers, Kirk

I found that while climbing I just leave the leg straps unfastened and then when I reach height I clip them. I believe if you lost your footing you would still be forced into a sitting position. Try at your own risk!

I haven't had any real problems with my web, but it is bulky. I use screw-in steps. I bought a tool to help me screw them in faster, but I lost it a few months later. 40 dollars down in the grass somewhere. If I need to travel into thick brush I try to find the best entry possible because I got hung up a few times with brambles and it made a lot of noise. I have since then cut a more managable path when I scout in the post season.

I am refining my technique for climbing(a Muddy stick with a 5 step Etrier, a length of Bandit arborist rope and a Trango Cinch descender) and I made a comfortable 20' climb yesterday. I used my 6 step ratchet strap for my platform. While the total system comes in at 26 lbs which is no problem as I am not packing in miles I have a compact ,comfortable safe system. I'll get some vids made and see what you guys think.

Worthnl@yahoo.com said:
Bought the web few months ago. I've tried climb paws and muddy sticks with it. Muddy sticks work best. I to stand on three climb paws to shoot from. My biggest issue is have to take sticks with each hunt. And the whale while ascending whale tale is always cutting the inside of my legs. Once settled in hunting position works well. Just not loving the abuse on the legs. Any suggestions? Should look into the aero hunter? Already into the web for 350.[/quote

Worthnl, I initially had the same issue. TIghten all 5 straps (both shoulder straps, right and left lumbar straps and the right side reclining strap) prior to climbing. This will move the fork up and back so that it does not dig into your legs.

Back