• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gumbo, fire, and good time

swampsnyper

Last weekend we took advantage of the cool spell.
076293d6d4177d3130e5a91bfc9b4c5d.jpg

3b124b13dc159e81c55302f776e9c174.jpg

4609b252d7f88e6ecaf735a6d1678af6.jpg

Potato salad in the gumbo if you know what you are doing.

7e96de47dbacf4cace105a4108a67d01.jpg

I don’t eat that snot. Well I’ll suffer through it if someone else cooks it, but if I’m cooking, it’s how I like it. Hack a loogy in your bowl and there’s your okra.

Soooo the title should read “Chicken stew, fire, and a good time.”

If you ain’t got okra you ain’t got a gumbo....

Looks good regardless!

I don’t eat that snot. Well I’ll suffer through it if someone else cooks it, but if I’m cooking, it’s how I like it. Hack a loogy in your bowl and there’s your okra.

I have to agree with you! I’ll eat it if I have to but I don’t like it. Fortunately good gumbo is so good, you can’t even mess it up with okra snot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Soooo the title should read “Chicken stew, fire, and a good time.”

If you ain’t got okra you ain’t got a gumbo....

Looks good regardless!

Actually it is file’ gumbo not okra gumbo. To thin to be stew. I can cook chicken stew and chicken soup and it taste nothing like gumbo.

What’s with all these heathens what don’t like okra??? Prolly talk bad about they mama’s too....heathens.

What’s with all these heathens what don’t like okra??? Prolly talk bad about they mama’s too....heathens.

It’s always a topic for discussion when I cook a gumbo. Lol. I just say, you cook what you want, and I’ll cook what I want. They always seem to be scraping the bottom of my pot though. Lol

Back