• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

H2 Triad Bridge with OpLux and TRC?? Anyone try this?

CamoMan

I'd be interested if this would work. I imagine it would, but I haven't tried it. For some reason I just trust these ropes over dyneema ropes.

I'd be interested if this would work. I imagine it would, but I haven't tried it. For some reason I just trust these ropes over dyneema ropes.
I’ve been doing it since last August. It works. Well! I got a jcline tender from Dano and used the 5.5 mm Beal jammie cord, but same diff.

I think the smallest one is long enough if it wasn't for the sewn portion. It extends the length of this out farther than shown with the amsteel continous loop.

I just buy the cordelette or however they spell it from DanO on www.doublesteps.com. Its 5.5 mm. Rated around 5000 lbs. I use poachers knots to attach it to the carabiner that hooks to my bridge loop. And a schwebash hitch for my friction hitch. I like it with the tender.

So girth hitch oplux to one side of bridge loop and biner with beal on the opposite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So girth hitch oplux to one side of bridge loop and biner with beal on the opposite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. This makes it where I can run the saddle like a belt. Clip the belt and leg loops on and then use my linesman's to get up the tree, it also comes in handy as a second LB (the bridge).

Exactly. This makes it where I can run the saddle like a belt. Clip the belt and leg loops on and then use my linesman's to get up the tree, it also comes in handy as a second LB (the bridge).
Gotcha. So you’re not running it where the beal jammie attaches to the bridge loops on both sides like the triad bridge does? You’re running more or less like the connection to the tether. Correct?

Gotcha. So you’re not running it where the beal jammie attaches to the bridge loops on both sides like the triad bridge does? You’re running more or less like the connection to the tether. Correct?
Yep. Only one side really needs to be adjustable in my mind. I treat it just exactly like a lineman's belt. Girth hitched to my left, working end on the right.

Back