• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

H2 ????

Jokerswild

I havent seen much discussion on here about H2 lately. Any news, reviews, reports, complaints?

I have a week left of my first season out of a saddle. I went with H2. I have 0 complaints and haven’t had 1 issue. It has been extremely comfortable for all day sits(31) so far. I have no reason to shop for another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat in my H2 all season - 50+ sits. After the season, I took another look at other saddles - thinking about next year. But honestly once I figured out tether height and saddle placement while sitting it was very comfortable, and I've decided to stick with it next year. I really like the adjustable bridge (although I did tweak it). I really like how it wears while I'm walking in, even when I scout for a couple miles.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

The H2 is still my one and only saddle. It is an early model but don’t think there’s a lot different about it. Though I’m looking at potentially adding a second saddle maybe next year, it’s not because I don’t like the H2 anymore. It’s simply for the sake of trying something else and 2 is 1, 1 is none. Certainly keeping the H2 until it’s no longer safe to use.

No complaints here either really, but if I had to knit pick at all, it would be that the leg loops tend to fall off when I’m climbing down with it a lot of time. I think this is why most people cut them off but I’m not recommending you do that. I think you can order them without them anyway if you want to.

Only other thing I would say is that it seems to not be super breathable on me after a while. When I’m done hunting there is often some condensation on the inner side of the material under the butt there (insert crude jokes here). It’s just the nature of the fabric tho I think and not an actual flaw.

Overall highly recommended if you ask me. They are great saddles for the money. I agree with what everyone else has said about them on this thread so far.

I am into my 2nd season with mine. I admit my first season I didn’t get as much time in the woods actual hunting time as I wanted. But I still was happy with the H2 with very slight hip pinch. Then this season I had much more practice time and a decent amount of hunting time. I felt as the season went on that my H2 started to almost mold to my shape better and became more comfortable. I’m sure some was due to tether and bridge tuning in but I felt like the saddle started to break in. My only slight complaint isn’t even the leg straps because you can wear them or don’t. It is that I have to occasionally grab under my butt and pull it back down. It wants to ride up but not anything terribly. I honestly think I could “chase the new high “ and never actually make any progress with other saddles. I may try a two piece for pure curiosity but I won’t sell my H2.

1st season saddle hunting for me. Did 15ish hangs from my H2 this year, and many walking miles wearing it. Have never used any other saddles so can’t do a comparison but I will say that I found it very comfortable and user friendly. My only 2 complaints would be the Amsteel adjustable bridge took some time to become truly adjustable, and it’s breathability was an issue (butt sweat) on the hot/humid days after a long hike in. Unlike many others around here, I have no desire to change up to a different saddle for next year as I find this one just fine, though my climbing method I will “tinker” with.

I used my H2 all season. Not sure how many sits I had in it but I have zero complaints. The leg straps never came off or loose for me. I switched the bridge out to the Triad bridge just to try it but I think the webbing would be just as good. I don't see any reason to buy another saddle unless you want to have a back up. It's very well built and comfortable. I would recommend it any day.

Sat in mine all season (first season with it) and loved it. Was very comfortable and when it started to pinch a slight adjustment would remedy it. The only thing I’d change is ordering it with leg straps, never use them.

Thanks for all the posts/replies. I like mine a great deal and see no need to experiment with others. I dont have a ton of time in it yet but it seems like the real deal. I cant see an advantage with any of the "bigger name brands."

Back