• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Had some questions on the EZV

TheYote

Nov 3, 2018
I know it’s been discussed quite a bit on here but I couldn’t seem to find any answers to my questions.

I shoot a vertix from Mathews. I’m not sure of it’s actual speed other than what the web page says 342 FPS.
That being said which EZV insert do I need to order?

Also and I believe this has been answered. I’m wanting to toss the prep with this sight as I have bad peep rotation. Any opinions on that while using this sight?

Sep 7, 2019
My EZV came with 9 inserts covering a lot of speed ranges. Don't go by the spec speed this is IBO using a light arrow at 30" draw. Take your bow to a bow shop that can shoot it through a chronograph to find you speed. My bow is shooting just over 300 fpm. I started with the 300 ring and ended up shooting the 290 ring. When I backed out to 30 and 40 yards I was a little low with the 300 ring but the 290 got me on the money. It only took me about 30 minutes to set up and choose the correct ring plus sight it in. Follow the set up methods that Aaron recommends and you will be good. I've only had mine a couple of weeks but love it. I had been thinking of getting the EZV for a couple of years. Have a buddy that was having target panic recommended it to him. He called Aaron and ordered the sight. He loves his so I took the plunge and love it.

trailblazer75

Dec 24, 2018
Springfield, MO
They answered it, but I'm running the sight full time too so I'll chime in. Chrono your bow with your arrow. Use the insert closest to that number. Free tip: Put witness marks on the frame of the sight where the housing rotates and where the elevation is adjusted. This will allow you to return your sight to the "sighted in" position if it takes a bumping. Ask me how I know. Lol.

Red Beard

SH Member
Mar 3, 2019
in my skin
@Weldabeast is right. You won't have a problem finding the correct insert.

To your question on ditching the peep though... I actually had to go back to a peep to make the EZV work for me.

I was using a Perry's-No-Peep with an Axcel Armor and loved it (your sight basically functions as an unmagnified scope). Made the leap to the EZV and had a lot of trouble while transitioning because the PNP had made it easy for me to become lazy in terms of shot form. Long story short, installing a peep enabled me to regain control. Now I'm reliable out to 60 and I LOVE MY EZV!