• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

had to join!

Chaceigan

After trying to hunt out of state last year with just a climber I decided to step up my game and my odds of finding trees to hunt from and got a Kestrel. I ordered some of the new Muddy pro sticks and several other things to lighten the load on the hike in, but cant make up my mind on what to do for a platform. Hoping to get it figured out soon vacation is starting in 4 weeks!

Welcome! Good luck with your search for a platform. I am climbing with wild Edge steps so we'll be using those myself. There is a lot of great information here.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Welcome! Good luck with your search for a platform. I am climbing with wild Edge steps so we'll be using those myself. There is a lot of great information here.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I do like the steps but think I might want to stand up after a while without worrying if my 13's are supported,

Fellow Michigander thank u, cant wait for our opener so goin out of state to start early

After trying to hunt out of state last year with just a climber I decided to step up my game and my odds of finding trees to hunt from and got a Kestrel. I ordered some of the new Muddy pro sticks and several other things to lighten the load on the hike in, but cant make up my mind on what to do for a platform. Hoping to get it figured out soon vacation is starting in 4 weeks!
Welcome !!!

Welcome! I think the platform more than anything else is personal preference. For me the small steps are not comfortable for any length of sit. It might also depend as little but on if you are a leaner or sitter, and I'm not really sure how you figure that out.

I think if I were you I'd start with the top of your sticks. Maybe try and add a few steps on an ocb buckle on a single strap. Which would allow 360 movement and it would give you some time to figure out if you needed a platform or not.

If you do eventually decide to get a platform I'd go for an XOP HC, although I don't see them on their website the other option if the LW, which is pricey and it looks like you might not be able to get it by itself. Maybe the Predator is your best option. I really like the climbing/ positioning capability of the hand climber.

Good luck, check out the new saddle hunter section for a glossary of terms and the noobie info/advice, lots of good info in one spot!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back