• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Halo Nock Issues

I’ve run them for a couple years and haven’t had any issues. What’s going on with yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve run them for a couple years and haven’t had any issues. What’s going on with yours?

I think it may be there micro diameter sizes only. I am running Sirius Orion arrows and I have had three break on me since August. Last night I lost a nice buck because of it. The nock broke immediately which caused the arrow to leave the rest improperly snapping the carbon arrow clean in two just forward of the fletch s when the arrow made co tact with the riser due to the nock breaking. Arrow went way right of the buck fortunately not injuring him or me.

I contacted Double Take archery today and the customer service rep proceeded to tell me that they do not do refunds unless I can return the nock which is of course impossible. I asked for a refund in some other fashion and she said only her manager can approve that. I asked for the managers contact info as any good person would do and was told he wasn’t available and then she promptly and rudely hung up on me.

It was horrific customer service. Probably the worst I have dealt with in the outdoor industry. I will be returning all their product back to them and do not recommend them.

I also want to say I am not that guy. Ever. Don’t return food. Don’t complain. Never. But own it. Seth at Sirius Archery answered my call after 9pm on a Monday evening to discuss what happened. That is above and beyond to me. I will be a loyal customer forever just for that alone.

Im already back up in a similar area tonight ready to go again. Mistakes happen. Gear breaks. I get it. Even Tethrd did a recall after enough data (complaints) came back to them. It isn’t a Ferrari. It’s a nock from China. Maybe I’m old and crotchety and losing touch.

Attachments

• IMG_3261.jpeg
    IMG_3261.jpeg
    1,016.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3258.jpeg
    IMG_3258.jpeg
    580.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    586.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    961.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3260.jpeg
    IMG_3260.jpeg
    608.9 KB · Views: 8
I don’t run the micro diameter so it might be related to that. Did you practice with the nocks prior to the season starting?

If that was the customer service you got, I’d agree that they don’t deserve your business.

I'm running the Orion and have had no problems. I would contact Sirius about your issue.

I don’t run the micro diameter so it might be related to that. Did you practice with the nocks prior to the season starting?

If that was the customer service you got, I’d agree that they don’t deserve your business.

Yes. I train like I fight. I have had this set up tuned and ready to go since August with zero issues.

I'm running the Orion and have had no problems. I would contact Sirius about your issue.
Seth, the owner took my call at 9pm on a Monday evening. Probably the best customer service ever. It was not the arrow. It was the nock breaking causing the arrow to then contact the riser and break the arrow instantly sending my arrow off to the right and the back portion gliding through the air like Forrest Gumps feather. Oh well.

My bow was throughly checked yesterday. Retuned. Shot probably 30 arrows from 20-40 yards and everything is perfect. Paper tune and all. Perfect. I’m still using the Orions and the Halo nocks and they worked flawlessly for all thirty shots and the hundred prior since August. Just a super freak occurrence.

Back