• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

hammock camping? straps?

Vtbow

someone had mentinoned a flat strap/webbing that they had used for hammock camping that they turned into aiders a while back--think they are spectra, or some synthetic material and repurposed from something else? maybe called **something** "tape"? @swampsnyper for some reason I think maybe you were involved in the discussion...I looked forever for the thread. Thanks guys, looking for something super compact and cheap for new hammock straps for the upcoming summer...something cheaper than amsteel. THanks!

someone had mentinoned a flat strap/webbing that they had used for hammock camping that they turned into aiders a while back--think they are spectra, or some synthetic material and repurposed from something else? maybe called **something** "tape"? @swampsnyper for some reason I think maybe you were involved in the discussion...I looked forever for the thread. Thanks guys, looking for something super compact and cheap for new hammock straps for the upcoming summer...something cheaper than amsteel. THanks!

Lighter than amsteel daisy chain?

Are you familiar with the daisy chain webbing that ENO offers for their hammock called atlas or are you looking for something else? They are relatively cheap and compact.

1583943689165.png

Walmart also carries a brand called Equip that is a few bucks cheaper.

Theyre $12-$25 depending where you buy. They pack comes with 2.

Are you familiar with the daisy chain webbing that ENO offers for their hammock called atlas or are you looking for something else? They are relatively cheap and compact.

View attachment 26064

Walmart also carries a brand called Equip that is a few bucks cheaper.

Theyre $12-$25 depending where you buy. They pack comes with 2.
THanks, I think they were a farm strap or sorts...not a daisy chain.

I used to use ratchet straps before I made amsteel daisy chains. I usually have junk strapped down in the bed of the truck for camping anyways so they are dual purpose.

This is what I use for my hammock suspension.

I have the ENO straps with their extensions. They are probably 10’ per side. My wife has the longer ENO set. [mention]DanO [/mention] has a hammock on his site and comes with the 10’ webbing straps at a great price.

I wouldn’t go shorter than 10’. If I have trees closer and a lot of extra strap I do multiples wraps around the the tree before running the tag end through to girth hitch the strap. Another couple feet won’t add a lot of bulk or weight but will allow to tie up in more spots.

I also rock the ENO atlas straps have had the Walmart brands in the past also. The Walmart ones are good for the money but the atlas has more adjustability.

Do you want to go Ultralight? 1” Venom webbing from RBTR. Amsteel continuous loop through hammock end channels. Becket hitch to attach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

how many feet per side do you carry? this is all new to me... Thanks!

I think they are 10-12 ft. Never know when you will encounter a big tree. Plus the extra slack hanging down works great to hang gear on. Especially a gravity filter system. Rolls up very small and stays in my stake pouch.

If you want to go with the lightest option ... Dutchware's Spider Web Straps 1 inch straps at 1.5g per ft. Works well with a Becket hitch, Marlin spike, or J Bend.

Back