• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hammock Gear daisy chains for LW Sticks

lumis17

Starting my first thread so go easy on me. I just used the Ultralight Daisy Chain from Hammock Gear (https://hammockgear.com/ultralight-daisy-chain-per-foot/) on a recent hunt and thought I would post my results since I didn't find much information on SH about them. Overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase and their use. For ~$40 I got three 8' daisy chains for my Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks and they came within a week if I remember correctly. I had no problems at all using them on any of the trees I went up (or practiced on prior to the trip). Didn't get any tears or fraying in the chain so they seemed to hold up very well. The only issue I had with them was their color; they were a bright, maybe even reflective(?), neon green and black and I was worried deer wouldn't like that. I did most of my hunting from the ground so I only did 4-5 sits on this hunt, but I had a couple of does get within 10 yards of my tree and either they didn't see the straps or didn't mind them. I did have 3-4 bucks walk by my tree, but they were on another trail about 30 yards away so I don't think they saw the straps. BTW, this was out in Utah so maybe the whitetails back east would be more discerning.

FWIW, I would have gotten the Tethyrd versa straps if they were available. I'll probably eventually get them since the color of the Hammock Gear daisy chains bug me, but for the price and quick shipping these ultralight daisy chains worked just fine for this newbie saddle hunter.

I bought the same product from dutchwear gear and instead of bright green they were bright blue. Bought a can of fabric spray paint and now they are completely black. The paint costs around 7 bucks.

How long have you had them painted? Any problems with the paint bleeding onto trees, your pack, sticks, etc.? I was thinking about taking a spray can to them, but decided to use them as-is first.

I sprayed them a month ago. I used spray paint made for fabric. I don’t think it’ll bleed but I won’t know that until the season gets going.

Back