• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hanging stuff from HYS or daisy chain

diuilin

I've never used an HYS or daisy chain. So how do you hang stuff from it? Do you have a bunch of little carabiners, or what? Probably something non-metallic. what do you recommend? Thanks

I like to use my lineman belt tightened around the tree with a few of the size 4 Niteize s-biners. They hold up to #25, and are plastic so i took the metal clip part off of one and use it as a bow hanger.

Loads of people like the heroclip for bow hangers

I use kydex hooks on my HYS strap and just hang everything with a paracord loops. Easy on easy off. I also have a 3d printed bow hanger along with the kydex hooks that stays permanently on the HYS and rolls up nicely into my SYS hauler.

Everything I plan on hanging, I add some sort of soft lanyard if it doesn't already have one. I make it long enough that I can put the lanyard thru the desired loop and girth hitch the item to the loop.

I do this for my range finder, rattle antlers, grunt call, can call, etc. That way, you don't have to have a bunch of different calls hanging off of you, but if you need them, they are right there in front of you with no metal to clank.

Prefer to use my lineman belt with large nite ize #8 S clip things.
One for the pack on the right.
One with the gate removed for my bow on the left.
Works great for me and one less strap or piece of gear to carry.
If I was using a HYS strap I would likely use the smaller S clipswith the gate removed on one side for hanging stuff.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think I'll start out using my linesman belt with S biners, since that means one less piece of gear to carry.

Pretty much can use anything that can hook to it. S-biners work great. Bigger and heavier objects use a hero clip or good carabiner

Back